LTA won't settle

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by dienerman, Oct 20, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Against by better judgment I purchased a very nice green LTA on saturday placed him in my 60 cube. Acclamated him via drip and all went well however he will not hold his foot onto anything. When I turn off my powerhead he settles but still does not take hold, even when the flow was off for several hours. Thought he attached, turned the pumps on and he floated away. He appears healthy, color is good, mouth is closed and i see no damage to the foot.Any ideas? I currently have him under a tupperwear container with holes in it so that he does not get sucked into a powerhead when i go to work and hoping he will firmly attach over night.

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Leave your pumps on. Leave the nem alone. Where it goes is where it stays typically. Then one day for what ever reason it could move. Best bet is to let it do its own thing.

mdbostwick likes this.
  4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I would agree in that you'll want to keep your flow on and let the nem settle where it likes the conditions including flow - is there a way you can cover your powerheads vs. the nem?

mdbostwick likes this.
  5. dienerman

Yes they are covered. I ve just been concerned about the hem being busted apart by repeatedly hitting the rocks. I felt like i needed to do something after he bounced around continuously for 6 hours.

6. oldfishkeeper

is the nem still moving around?

7. dienerman

Update. The hem still won't foot. He floated against a rock and was pushed into that position for a while due to the flow. I ended up placing a plastic tupperwear over the top of him to keep him from floating up. there is about 4-5 inches of space under neath the bottom edge of the tupperwear plus it has holes in it so there is good flow around him. He has been like this for 3 days and has still not footed on anything and has not moved. Im assuming that he has a damaged foot but i do not see anything obvious. Any ideas? Will the foot heal given enough time? His color still looks great and the mouth is closed. He expands and contracts throughout the day and otherwise looks healthy.

8. Click Here!

9. dienerman

He finally found a spot for his foot over night! Relief.......

10. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Yeah my LTA does the same. Moves about once a month. Not much you can do. It's up to him/her

11. oldfishkeeper

great news! hopefully it will stay put (fingers crossed for you)

12. dienerman

Big relief. Never had one take a week to settle. All looks well!