Is my Hammer gone?

Discussion in 'Coral' started by Draco, Oct 31, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Draco

Draco Astrea Snail

I wish I snapped a photo before I came to work..

Last week, a week ago today, I upgraded my tank. 9 gal to 28 gal JBJ Nanocube. Everything went smoothly.

my two clowns and all my corals are doing well, except my hammer. It's tightly packed inside its hole and has not once come out.

all my water testing tested fine last night, all in range. My Salinity was a little low at 1.022, and I remedied that last night.

Is there a chance it could come back?

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

A very good chance it will be OK. I find that when they change environments they don't like it. Some take a while to bounce back.

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

As long as the flesh isn't melting out of the skeleton, it could still just be adjusting to the new tank conditions. I would just keep an eye on it.

Good luck!

5. Draco

Draco Astrea Snail

There was a little bit of white string-like hair coming out of it, but it's gone this morning. Same stringy happened to my frogspawn, which I think is gone. that's the other that didn't come back

Thanks all, I hope it comes back!

6. Draco

Draco Astrea Snail

You can see both my frogspawn and hammer closed in. Doesn't look like they are melting or anything- just tightly closed

Attached Files: