Coral Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Reef_Freak, Oct 21, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef_Freak

Reef_Freak Plankton

I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread but here goes:
    I have a 48g reef. My current light is a kessil 150 sky blue. There are 2 voyager nanos and approximately 50lbs of live rock. Two box filters running purigen and sponges. Two large chaeto clumps for added biological filtration and a skimmer. Livestock includes an ocellaris clown, sailfin tang, watchmen goby, and azure damsel. Coral: favia, branching frogspawn, star polyps, mushrooms, galaxia, brain, xenia, hammer, zoas. Inverts: tube anenome, two peppermint shrimp, 6 hermits, 2 snails, feather duster, brittle star, and micro stars. I do 25 percent water changes weekly using aquavitro salt. I also dose supplements. I would like to add a coral that "pops". Something stunning that immediately grabs your attention. Suggestion s would be aappreciated and my price range is around $250.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Can your tank support SPS? Tons of Montipora, reds, and greens. Millepora of blue and reds....the list goes on.

Acans, or micromussa?

Clams, if appropriate.

You'll have to narrow it down a little more. GSP will pop brightly under LEDS, but are you looking for soft corals, LPS, SPS, gorgonians, inverts?

Moved to-----General Reef Topics.

4. Reef_Freak

Reef_Freak Plankton

[QUinto everything, but all my co-workers thagTE="Corailline, post: 1566068, member: 24044"]Can your tank support SPS? Tons of Montipora, reds, and greens. Millepora of blue and reds....the list goes on.
    I am interested in anything. All my co-workers that have tried acans have failed miserably, but its a shame because we have some gorgeous ones in stock. I would like some green Montipora. And I'd love to have a tridacna clam, but would a kessil provide enough light without having to supplement with a t5?

Acans, or micromussa?

Clams, if appropriate.

You'll have to narrow it down a little more. GSP will pop brightly under LEDS, but are you looking for soft corals, LPS, SPS, gorgonians, inverts?

Moved to-----General Reef Topics.[/QUOTE]
    Im I

5. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Go LPS. Much easier and lots of cool stuff

6. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

7. Reef_Freak

Reef_Freak Plankton

Thanks for the suggestions. We got some awesome Eclipse Palyothoas in so I think I'll pick up a colony of those.